Less than 48 hours to go and my seven week long jaunt around the world is over for another year. It has been a wonderful holiday full of great memories, the boy has been AMAZING (I attribute this to great parenting on my part, obviously) and I will no doubt be shedding a few tears on top of the ones already parted with as I say goodbye to my dear, dear friends and family for another half year. We have spent time at the beach, in the city and the countryside and immersed ourselves with trips to farms, aquariums, museums and theatres, saturating ourselves with both social and cultural experiences we just can’t get at home. My heart aches at the thought of leaving behind days playing in back gardens with my friends and their kids, and of nights spent in pubs or gazing out to sea or tucked up on the sofa with family all around.
But deep down, in places I don’t talk about, as much as I have had a great time, I’m rather looking forward to being back in Dubai. I would even go so far as to say there were things about it I have missed. A neat ten in fact. So here they are. See you back in the sandpit…
1. My bed
2. My cats. And (and this is a first) my friends. Plural.
3. My kitchen
4. Swimming. Or more realistically, lolling about in a pool to keep cool.
5. The driving (I appear to have gone native and driving in a civilized manner bores me rigid)
6. A manicure, pedicure, massage, eyebrow threading, hair cut and colour and a facial. Words fail to describe the general degenerative state of me right now. I need help, fast.
8. My weekly thespian fix (the build up of attention seeking behaviour and the need for adulation and applause is overwhelming)
9. My shoe collection. Six pairs of shoes seemed excessive when I was packing two months ago, but I now have serious high heel withdrawal.
10. Going out for dinner with my husband. Well actually, I just miss my husband. See you in a few days babe. X
One thought on “Show me the way to go home”
Hope you had a good flight home. I hear you. I went home in July and felt the same way, minus the cats as we don’t have any :)